The Producer/Insurance Agent is responsible for prospecting, soliciting, quoting, and selling new and renewal accounts. Specific sales goals and service responsibilities are determined during the yearly planning process. Service and sales standards must be met with emphasis placed on the quality of the insurance product presented to the client.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Assists in the development of the sales objectives. Meets the forecasted premium volume and commission growth goals.
- Creates and maintains prospect and suspect lists.
- Request referrals from existing client base and respond to the referrals quickly and effectively.
- Pre-qualifies insurance prospects for insurability and quality of risk.
- Identifies the client’s insurance needs, gaps in coverage, and loss exposures.
- Obtains accurate information from the prospects; including completing applications, supplemental questionnaires, risk surveys, and other related documentation in order to provide complete, comprehensive submissions.
- Designs insurance programs and recommends insurance coverage to clients.
- Meets agency standards for account receivables.
- Participates in community activities.
- Reviews client’s insurance programs annually and makes recommendations.
- Accurately documents client files and electronic files as to coverage discussions, quotes, declination, and coverage change or declined.
- Maintain a concern for timeliness and completeness when interacting with clients, agency, and company personnel to minimize potentials for error or omission claims.
- Follow agency procedures for processing and preparation of customer correspondence, certificates of insurance, binders, cancellation requests, insurance I.D. cards, and internal correspondence as requested ensuring that activities and follow-ups are set and the client file in the agency management systems is updated and consistent with the paper file.
- Other functions may be assigned as business conditions change.
Experience And Education
- Sales or customer service experience required; preferably in an insurance related field.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; undergraduate degree required or a combination of education, sales and experience.
- Appropriate insurance agent’s license required, or have the ability to obtain licensure.
- Willingness to continue education is essential.
- Valid driver’s license required with proof of insurance.
Skills And Abilities Required
Technical: Intermediate to advanced-level proficiency with Microsoft Office Products: Excel, Word, and Outlook. EPIC software proficiency preferred, but not required.
- Ability to read, analyze, compare, and interpret insurance policies, coverages, and documents.
- Ability to sell and explain additional coverages and gaps.
- Ability to perform mathematical and data analytics.
- Demonstrate self-control and an ability to manage time and priorities.
- Anticipate, meet and/or exceed customer needs, wants and expectations.
- Effectively communicate, build rapport and relate well to clients and team members.
- Take initiative in learning and implementing new concepts, technologies and/or methods.
- Utilize logical, systematic and orderly procedures to meet objectives.
- Able to convince others to change the way they think, believe or behave.
- Energetically focus efforts on meeting a goal, mission or objective.
- Able to convey complex ideas clearly, succinctly, and understandably.