Unland Companies gives you the resources to back up handshake agreements.
In the past, business deals were sealed over a handshake. But in today’s society, business owners know you need to have more. That’s why Unland Companies provides our customers with a full range of surety and fidelity bonds.
Why Do You Need a Surety Bond?
There are many reasons you may need to look into a surety bond. Perhaps you’re a:
- Business owner who needs to guarantee payments for state sales taxes.
- Contractor who needs to post a license or permit bond to guarantee your work will follow local municipality requirements.
- Notary public and you need to post a bond to be in compliance with state regulations.
- Business owner who wants a contract bond to guarantee the contract will be completed according to the agreed upon terms.
Regardless of the reason, the professionals at Unland Companies will walk you through the process of determining which bonds are right for you, giving you one less thing to worry about in the running of your business.
What Types of Surety Bonds Are Available from Unland Companies?
- License & Permit Bonds – License bonds guarantee you will follow applicable codes and regulations, whereas permit bonds grant you the privilege to do the work. This is typical with electricians, contractors and plumbers.
- Contact Performance Bonds – This type of bond basically guarantees a written contract will be carried out according to its terms and conditions.
- Wages & Welfare Bonds – Guarantees contractors who hire union employees will pay any required union wages or benefits.
- Probate Bonds – This type of bond is similar to collateral and is used to make sure the will of someone who has passed away is carried out.
- Miscellaneous Bonds – These bonds are typically needed in order to get a business license and are usually required by the law. Miscellaneous bonds renew annually.
What is a Fidelity Bond?
Fidelity Bonds are used in cases where an employee is trusted with a large sum of money or something worth an extreme value. Basically, it ensures the employee won’t steal from you. There are many types of Fidelity Bonds out there including: Pension Trust (ERISA) Bonds, Employee Dishonesty Bonds, and Janitorial Services Bonds. Our agents will work with you to determine if this type of coverage is necessary for your specific needs.