Personal Lines Account Manager
The Personal Lines Account Manager will be primarily responsible for the ongoing management of personal clients. The Account Manager will be the day-to-day liaison between the insurance company, agent, and their clients.
Daily servicing of clients will include addressing various coverage issues and handling all the inside service work associated with the clients account, including all endorsement activity, routine coverage questions, problem solving renewals, checking and binding policies.
Essential Duties And Responsibilites
- Independently manages accounts on a day-to-day basis which includes coordinating all services, answering all questions, and resolving problems, which may arise; maintains timeliness and completeness when interacting with clients, agency and company personnel
- Secures the most appropriate carrier coverage based upon client needs for new and renewal business; maintains ongoing relationships with carrier product managers.
- Work closely with sales producers to understand a client and/or prospect’s needs, submits coverage specifications and obtains quotes from potential carriers for new and renewal business.
- Determines appropriate client service support for new and existing clients; responds to client and carrier inquiries, maintains and enhances the company’s relationships with existing clients by executing proactive and ongoing contact initiatives.
- Makes decisions regarding the resolution of all moderate and complex customer service problems: research and resolve coverage issues and billing discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Independently enters and maintains accounts/policies in EPIC system. Reviews insurance policies and endorsements for accuracy.
- Proactively maintains partnership with the producer by keeping him/her informed of pertinent information regarding the accounts and provides support and assistance for the development of new business.
- Solely responsible for ensuring all the terms and conditions of the insurance policies written by the insurance company are properly prepared and provides all of the coverage that was presented to the insured in our proposal.
- Independently communicates subjectivities and exclusions for new and renewal business and document the difference in policy forms when comparing various quotes.
- Researches and maintains industry knowledge of developing trends regarding carrier underwriting, appetite and pricing changes.
- Solely responsible for having an understanding of assigned accounts in order to give proper advice for changing situations, which may require modifications to existing coverage.
- Initiates renewal process and may conduct renewals in conjunction with the Insurance Sales Producer.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Experience And Education
- Prefer at least 2 years of recent Personal Lines Account Management experience
- Demonstrated success in overall customer service
Education / Certification
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; undergraduate degree required
- Appropriate insurance agent’s license required, or have the ability to obtain licensure
- Professional designation CISR preferred
- Willingness to continue education is essential
Skills And Abilities Required
Technical: Intermediate to advanced-level proficiency with Microsoft Office Products: Excel, Word, and Outlook. EPIC software proficiency preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work with internal and external clients at all levels
- High level of organization ability
- High degree of self-discipline and motivation
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and help develop new processes and procedures to help the company become more efficient
- Solution driven problem solving skills and proven analytical skills
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must possess the ability to work independently, applying education and professional experience to achieve outstanding results
- Ability to understand and manage complex projects while working under tight schedules and deadlines
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Effective, professional verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates considerable tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment with ability to build and maintain effective interpersonal relationships
- High level of maturity and stability with an “optimistic” approach
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial approach and hands-on experience
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.